We have seen some great things during the course of the awards ceremonies. There was the great comedy performance by Ahmad Ali Butt’s and Sohai Ali Abro’s killer dance performances. Things also got bad as some performances were too weak and the Hum TV awards were no exception.
Here are a few Best things worth mentioning:
1. Actor Ahsan Ali Khan put up an amazing performance on Manma Emotion Jaage.
@khanahsanofficial sure knows his moves. Watch him dance on #GalanGoodiyan now. And that's Ahsan Khan shaking it at Manma emotion and Gallan Goodiyan at #ServisHumAwards #AhsanKhan #ChupanChupai #HumAwards #ServisHumAwards #4thHumAwards #Hum #Humtv #HumTvAwards2016 #HumTvAwards #GalaxyLollywood #Karachi
2. Sohai Ali Abro has been killing it on stage and one again did it on the song Gulabo from Shaandaar.
3. The famous Hocane sisters, Mawra and Urwa, paired up to come up with an amazing performance on Let’s Nacho and Kheench Meri Photo. It was a delight to watch the Hocane sisters on stage performing together for the first time.
4. Atif Aslam killed the show with his vocals that are being sung even across the border.
5. Ahmad Ali Butt’s was again inch perfect. After handing out humour awards to celebrities and his performance on the famous Taher Shah’s Angel at the ARY Film Awards in Dubai this month, Ahmad returned to the Hum TV awards with the same spirit and even more entertainment.
The worse things that happened during the course of the event were the following:
1. On the Red Carpet, as celebrities strutted their stuff for the media, organizers were constantly photo-bombing pictures. This caused had a situation of haphazard and not only this but the celebrities were getting irritated by all this.
The technical flaws that occurred during the course of the show was another reason that the show could not be said to be on the smooth roads.
2. The performances were choreographed perfectly and very entertaining, but the songs on which the performances took place were Bollywood seemed to be something odd. It should have been that since we were celebrating own country’s talent so Lollywood songs should have been the priority.
3. There were couple of big names in the industry that left the event due to the fact that there were not good sitting arrangements. Singer Umair Jaswal, Wiqar Ali and Faraz Khan (head of Huawei) left the venue because ushers had no clue where to seat the people.
4. An award is recognition which distinguishes one person from all the others. Well this did not happen in the event.
Mahira Khan and Sanam Saeed shared the film recognition award for Bin Roye and Manto respectively..
While there were three winners for men. Sarmad Khoosat for Manto and also Humayun Saeed for Bin Roye and JPNA.
Three people sharing the same award was something which was not expected and when it happened certainly did not maintain the charm.
5. The final thing that hit the most was the fact that the hosts Hamza Ali Abbasi and Ayesha Khan, were disappointing. There was no on-stage chemistry, and constantly interrupted one another. As well as the presenters on stage were interrupted by the two. Hamza tired to make the audience laugh with his jokes but it did not seem to work and they remained silent and Ayesha looked like she is somewhere else.